Re: Validation Error - Social Buttons

2014-08-27 21:49, Lauren Zerweck wrote:

> I did the Markup Validator, and it quickly replied that and error was
> found while checking this document as html5. There were 15 errors and 5
> warnings for my site:
> http://www.shepardhavenlaw.com/
>
> Then i did the Link Checker, this took a little longer and showed some
> errors, but they were different and much less alarming. I guess my
> question is, do these errors devalue my site? Most of the errors have to
> do with the favicon and the social media buttons.

Most of the errors seem to be in general markup structure and should
really be fixed. Homeless end tags are as such harmless, but they often
reflect a more serious problem (e.g., some start tag is missing or
misspelled). Unmatched start tags or wrongly nested elements can cause
unpredictable results.

Some of the error messages are just formal and reflect some special
ideas of people who write the specs or maintain the validator. But here
only the first error message, "Bad value X-UA-Compatible for attribute
http-equiv on element meta", appears to be of this kind.

Yucca