Re: No User-Agent header found! Please identify your software properly by providing the HTTP User-Agent string.

2013-09-22 8:02, Omo Sunory wrote:

> "No User-Agent header found! Please identify your software properly
> by providing the HTTP User-Agent string."
>
> Why should I do it? You should not care about the HTTP User-Agent
> string! Make your website accessible without a HTTP User-Agent
> string!

Maybe you should do it, because the protocol tells you to:

"User agents SHOULD include this field with requests."
   http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.43

The meaning of SHOULD is defined in BCP 14:

"This word, or the adjective "RECOMMENDED", mean that there
carefully weighed before choosing a different course."
   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt

You have the liberty of being protocol-ignorant, but you should not
blame a free public service for informing you about his.

Yucca