Re: [VE][html5] Add Subject Here Getting an error for using Unicode PUAs!

Thank you for the long and detailed reply.

The use of PUA is optional in IcoMoon, as according to their
documentation:

*Using Latin letters is not recommended for icons fonts. Using the Private
> Use Area of Unicode is the best option for icon fonts. By using PUA
> characters, your icon font will be compatible with screen readers. But if
> you use Latin characters, the screen reader might read the single meaning
> less letters, which would be confusing.*

Is it a wrong usage? if so, what would you suggest as an alternative?
I have customers asking me why their website gets a warning by the W3C
Validator, what should I tell them? that the Validator is wrong?
Thanks for your explanations.