Re: provide the file name some where on the page

2013-07-27 8:27, Manjith M wrote:

> It will be very useful if you could mention the name of the fie being
> validated some where on the page after the
> validation process is over.
> When we are validating a large number of files it becomes difficult to
> keep track of the file name which has been just validated.

I suppose you mean the "Validate by File Upload" option. It indeed seems
that the validator's report does not include the name of the file, even
though it is shown on the page where the validation request is made.
(When a file has been selected using the selection widget, the file name
is shown in the "File:" box.) It is also transmitted as part of the
submitted data, so this would just be a matter of making the validator
echo it in the report.

The problem is, I suppose, that they can't use same technique as for
"Validate by URI", where the URL is present in the "Address:" box in the
validator's report. The reason is that you cannot set an initial value
for an <input type=file> element (a long story, but basically you just
can't). So it would have to be written separately somewhere.

I wonder if it would be too dramatic to replace the words "this
document" in the h2 heading ("This document was successfully checked as
HTML5!" or "Errors found while checking this document as HTML5!") by the
name of the file, when "Validate by File Upload" is used.

Yucca