Re: HREF attribute on A and AREA elements is not required

I have a feeling that something like this has come
up previously.  Do you (for example) have an "alt"
attribute associate with the <area> ?

> If the area element has no href attribute, then the area represented by the element cannot be selected, and the alt attribute must be omitted.

There may may other attributes the presence of which would
also mandate an "href" attribute.

Philip Taylor
--------