Re: problem with form tag

2012-09-11 23:50, Igor Kovalchuk wrote:

> " Line 11, Column 7: end tag for "FORM" which is not finished"
>
> My site address is  http://kovik.org.ua/
>
> I had error message when used input tag also.

The reason is that the document declares HTML 4.01 Strict, in which a
<form> element may contain block level elements only. This is an odd
restriction, though it has a rationale (too long to fit into the
margin). Your options, in order of preference (by me):

1) Wrap anything inside the form in block containers like <div>, <p>, or
</form>

2) Switch to HTML5 (which has its own can of worms, but it lacks the
above requirement).

3) Switch to HTML 4.01 Transitional.

Yucca