Re: Is <iframe> defined for XHTML or not?

On 21 Nov 2012, at 18:26, Lew Lowther <lew@cse.yorku.ca> wrote:

> I get this message 'element "iframe" undefined'
>
> However, your section "HTML <iframe> Tag" says it is defined for XHTML.

What section? Where? I can't find any reference to that on the W3C website[1]. There is a page with that title on the awful (and unrelated to the W3C) W3Schools.

> What gives?

XHTML is a term that covers a variety of different specifications and document types.

Some (such as XHTML 1.0 Transitional, and the XML serialization of HTML 5) support the iframe element, others (such as XHTML 1.1 and (IIRC) XHTML-MP) do not.

[1] https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=%22HTML%20%3Ciframe%3E%20Tag%22%20site%3Aw3.org

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk