Re: Element style is missing required attribute scoped, but scoped is a boolean attribute

Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

 > A non-misleading way to describe the validator would be to say it's a
 > tool that's meant to conform as closely as possible to the
 > document-conformance constraints in the HTML5 specification. Real
 > objective requirements, in a real W3C specification that's been a W3C
 > specification for 5 years now and that is in fact the current W3C
 > specification for HTML.

Confused, Mike : the W3C site clearly says (apropos of HTML 5)

 > This is a work in progress! For the latest updates from the HTML WG,
 > possibly including important bug fixes, please look at the editor's
 > draft instead. There may also be a more up-to-date Working Draft with
 > changes based on resolution of Last Call issues.

So if HTML 5 is a work-in-progress, and if (as the specification
itself says) the specification is a /draft/ specification, then
I am unclear how it can also be "the current W3C specification
for HTML".  Surely the latter must be a full specification, not
a draft, in which case it must be the HTML 4.01 specification which
is (as far as I can tell) the last HTML (as opposed to XHTML)
specification to have achieved full recommendation status.

Philip Taylor