Re: checklink: base href not taken into account

On 09/15/2011 12:06 PM, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> 14.9.2011 23:55, Charles Greathouse wrote:
>
>> Checklink appears not to take a document's base URL into account.
>
> I can confirm that there indeed is a bug here. Checklink resolves
> relative URLs using the page URL as the base, irrespective of the use of
> a <base href=...> element. Simple demo:
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/test/base.html

The link checker was changed in version 4.7 to rely on the "base"
information the libwww-perl provides automatically.  However there is a
bug in it - at least in scenarios where there are Content-Encodings
involved, the provided information is not correct:

I don't know why it fails also for Jukka's demo above as there are no
Content-Encodings involved with it, but in any case this has been worked
around in the current link checker development code in last May; there
just haven't been any releases after that.  I'll look into doing one
soon.  The current development code can be tested at
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink