Re: HTML5 and Unicode Normalization Form C

On Fri, 27 May 2011, Michael[tm] Smith wrote:

> But if you think it's wrong to even have it emit a warning,
> then let me know and I talk to Henri and to the internationalization
> folks about whether it should be or not. But from what I have been
> told by the internationalization folks so far, I think they would
> like to for it to be generating a warning here.

Thank you for the clarification!
In my opinion, you should not even emit a warning since Unicode
itself does not require NFC to be used everywhere.
It is the choice of the author to take any character encoding
and any valid Unicode representation. This has nothing to do
with "valid HTML" and should therefore not be reported by
an HTML validator.

But this question is not so important as long as there is
no error. Most important is that such a page (non-NFC UTF-8)
is still marked as "valid HTML5".

Please see also
 http://www.unicode.org/mail-arch/unicode-ml/y2011-m05/0075.html