Re: checklink:Compile the link checker locally

On 02/28/2011 10:55 AM, David Dorward wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2011, at 07:38, santosh kumar panda wrote:
>> While trying to compile the link checker locally.
>>  Can't locate CSS/DOM.pm in @INC
>> Can any one tell me the steps to compile or how to resolve this error.
>

> Install CSS::DOM — http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?CSS::DOM
>
> I'd expect the Makefile to report it as a dependancy and install it for you.

That doesn't happen for any perl modules I'm aware of.  Maybe you mean
"perl -MCPAN" usage as in
http://search.cpan.org/dist/W3C-LinkChecker/docs/checklink.html#install

> That looks like a bug for the link checker's installer.

I don't see anything wrong with it, CSS::DOM is listed as a dependency:
http://search.cpan.org/dist/W3C-LinkChecker/Makefile.PL

Per OP's post I guess he's installing it without CPAN.pm ("extract the
W3C-LinkChecker-4.6.tar.gz" was mentioned) and maybe he did not notice
the warnings given at "perl Makefile.PL" phase, it should have output
something like this: