Re: Bad value language for attribute name on element meta: Keyword language is not registered.

3.6.2011 14:27, w.doeringer wrote:

 > The above error message

That is, "Bad value language for attribute name on element meta: Keyword
language is not registered." (The text of a message should not refer to
the Subject line or imply it.)

 > conflicts with the WAI-checker that REQUIRES a

You didn't specify what you mean by "WAI-checker", but generally,
various checkers are heuristic, sometimes misleading, occasionally even
plain wrong. Don't expect them to be consistent with each other.

http://www.fh-worms.de/~progbau/Vorlesungen/SWE/JavaScript/10/kontakt/kontakt.html

The page triggers the experimental "HTML5" mode of the W3C Markup
Validator, and in this mode, it's really a heuristic checker rather than
a formal validator. Conflicts are surely possible.

In this case, it is apparently the unspecified WAI checker that has a
problem. I don't think any WAI recommendation requires or even suggests
the use of <meta name="language" ...>. Rather, they suggest lang and/or
xml:lang attributes, see
http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/quickref/#qr-meaning-doc-lang-id

The HTML5 draft is, for good and bad, somewhat "open". So if you really
wish to have <meta name="language" ...> allowed in HTML5, you can
register it at http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions and see what
happens. I don't think you should do that, though. Such a construct
would be pointless and ignored by relevant software, as there are
already standardized methods for specifying the human language of the
contents.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/