Re: Error in HTML 5 Validator

On 7/7/11, Mole Note <info@molenote.com> wrote:
> The new Google+1 Button is coming up as an error in the HTML 5 validator:
>
>  Validation Output: 1 Error
>
>    1. [image: Warning] *Line 341, Column 42*: Element name g:plusone cannot
>    be represented as XML 1.0.

Going to take a shot at this.. Is this code that you are using
unaltered as proffered by Google's tech team..? If so, it's something
you'll need to address straight with them.. This comes up occasionally
with source code provided by various [companies]..

One thing I've done myself in the past is alter the code on my own
webpages until it conforms to standards.. BUT.... You first have to
check the fine print you cyber signed off on (by clicking "I agree")
for using something like Google+1 as some terms of use expressly say
you cannot do exactly that, meaning change the code without receiving
expressed permission first.. If you do get the code to conform, you
could proactively offer it back to Google on one of their public
listservs/groups/forums with the hope they follow through themselves
in moving universal web standards on forward.. :)

Hope this helps at least a little.. If I've misunderstood the
question, my apologies in advance..*grin*

Warmest wishes from North Georgia..

Cindy Sue :)

- :: -

June 22 :: Happy Olmstead Anniversary!