Re: Java Script Errors from Google Adsense and Tracking?!

On 6/19/10, meike.haschi@freenet.de <meike.haschi@freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello, I am the webmaster of http://www.yazio.de - I am trying to get our
> webpage passing the w3c validator. Unfortunetly I am getting several Errors
> from JS - for example like Google Adsense Code and other JS tracking code -
> is there anything I can do or should I not worry about?

You could always join the frey and help forward the message of
well-formedness by contacting the Support, Help, or other similar
resources on the websites associated with the offending software you
encounter..

Respectfully advocate to them that they please help bring up the
quality experience of the ENTIRE World Wide Web by addressing the
errors in their own [code].. If you happen to know exactly what is
causing the error along with the fix, by all means do include that in
your correspondence as it might be the very trigger to seeing the
instance addressed..

THAT SAID...........................

Am going thru a tremendous backlog in emails and JUST TODAY came
across one that was speaking about Google's use of HTML 5 [1] and not
closing tags.. Email was old enough that this may not be the case now
BUT the rationale made sense, albeit doesn't help us standards
advocates on some level or another..

The article writer observed that non-closed tags result in less drag
on Google's server end for whatever technical reason related to
browser support.. When you multiply the couple seconds saved per page
by however many page accesses a second hit Google servers, welp,
there's the motivation for them to not necessarily validate without
error..

Your inquiry brings it back to Mind to think that, for all we know,
this may well be the case as to why we've been advocating to entities
such as Adsense for YEARS and to date have pretty much gotten nowhere
with particular ones.. :grin:

Not what you were looking for, I know, but was just something related
fresh in Mind that *might* somehow shed light on why we're all these
years later still up against the same..

Best wishes in your validation efforts..

Cindy Sue :)

[1] Google, HTML5, and Standards; Alex Walker; ~July 28, 2009
http://www.sitepoint.com/newsletter/viewissue.php?id=3&issue=250#5

- :: -
Celebrating Disability Independent Living!

http://www.facebook.com/ametrinebutterfly
Georgia Voices That Count, 2005
Talking Rock, GA, USA