Re: after installing personal validator, cannot validate xhtml

On Jun 18, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Andreas Prilop wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, john gale wrote:
>
>> it cannot seem to validate any XHTML (1.0 strict, transitional, 1.1)
>
> Addresses (URLs)?
>
>> validating by source
>
> Which source?
>
> Give examples of your files!

In my previous email I gave an example of what I had entered by source that failed.

> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">

In the w3.org validator this gives one or two errors about not having any body content, but in my personal validator it throws many numbers of errors containing invalid line numbers.

I don't have the examples that I'm using currently, because it's a validator for an internal network, validating pages that are not exposed to the external internet.  But, as an example of something else it fails to validate, http://calbach.org is the closest I can see.

I'm trying to determine if it's the perl modules that are failing somehow.  It was a hack to install OpenSP and the Parser::SGML::OpenSP module onto this machine given new versions with crooked dependencies, so maybe that's throwing the validator.

thanks for your help,

	~ john