Re: Add Subject Here

On Saturday 05 June 2010 05:23, James Tiebout wrote:
> God morning
>
> I have been working on a website this morning using the markup
> validation service by upload from my computer. There seems to be some
> kind of issue, as pages that were marked as valid strict html come
> back with the following error messages. Then I get them to revalidate
> by restarting firefox and work on new pages and then the same thing
> happens with old and new pages not validating. It is checking my page
> as  uft-f , 4.01 Transitional  through the detect automatically
> settings and I am using strict html as follows:

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd ">

This error is likely if you have an empty line of text above your XHTML. The
only thing that should appear before the doctype is the optional xml
prologue. It would be much easier to affirm the error if you gave a link to
the webpage - or a minimal test showing the error.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006#sec-prolog-dtd

HTH
--
Michael