Re: Custom attributes in HTML elements

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> Claudia Murialdo wrote:
>
>> I need to add a few custom attributes in some HTML elements, which is
>> the best way to do it in order to keep validating with w3c validation
>> service?.
>
> Define a DTD that contains them. This isn't trivial, but it isn't rocket
> science either. See
> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/own-dtd.html

I went that route for awhile, then I found out that html5 provided for
everything I needed (html 5 media, autocomplete, custom attributes that
I never intended for the browser to understand) and that I think is a
much better route to go these days, even though it isn't yet finalized.

The <time> tag is great for when you reference stuff in wikis - you can
specify *when* the wiki said what you are referencing by wrapping the
hyperlink to the source in the time tag.

But I'm going off topic, I just think for most things, using a not yet
finalized html 5 w/o mod is probably better than writing something custom.