Re: Custom attributes in HTML elements

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Claudia Murialdo, Wed, 10 Feb 2010 12:26:32 -0200:
>
>> I need to add a few custom attributes in some HTML elements, which is
>> the best way to do it in order to keep validating with w3c validation
>> service?.
>
> Why? How do you want to use the attributes? Do you want to access them
> via CSS or via Javascript or?

I personally use data-spider="{true|false}" to tell my search engine
whether it can index a node and it's child.

I also use a few others in anchor tags for server side generation of
sidebar nav menus. They could be ripped out before document is sent, but
I leave them there so I can view the generated source if something seems
screwy.