Re: Valid use of <embed> in HTML4

Michael Adams, Sat, 06 Feb 2010 11:23:19 +1300:
> On Saturday 06 February 2010 09:46, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> The proper advice w.r.t. SGML comments is to only use XHTML comments.
>
> Forgive my ignorance, but i thought the only connection XHTML had with SGML
> was third party via HTML; XHTML being created as XML for the web. Perhaps i
> have misread the histories.

By saying "XHTML comments"  I meant "HTML comments that also conform to
the XHTML comment syntax". I don't know if that answered your question.
An XHTML comment looks like this: <!-- comment -->. As you can see it
is a simple subset of the HTML4/SGML comment system -- because
SGML/HTML4 allows a more elaborate/gotcha comment system.
--
leif halvard silli