Re: Check existence of class names

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 23:10:19 +0300, Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> chukharev@mail.ru wrote:
>
>  > All developers whom I know in person, make typing errors. Therefore, I
>  > consider wrong names as errors, and I appreciate any help in finding them.
>  > YMMV, of course.
>
> But can you offer an algorithm by which a validator (or any
> other piece of software) might identify a mis-spelled class name ?
> As there is no syntax that allows a page author to identify
> the set of class names that he/she intends to use, against
> what should the validator (or etc) compare a putative class
> name in order to decide whether it is correct or incorrect ?

What I was thinking about is just notifying every use of a class name
which has no definition. Similarly, I would appreciate notifying
every defined but unused class name. Then I can decide myself if
these are errors of plans for future/whatsoever.

--
Vladimir Chukharev
Tampere University of Technology