Re: Python code for the feed validator.

Tilman Bender wrote:

> Am 27.10.2009 um 02:18 schrieb Sam Ruby:
>
>> Saux, Stephane wrote:
>>> This page:
>>> http://validator.w3.org/feed/about.html
>>> provides a link to the code for the python validator:
>>> http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=99943 ("Download the Feed
>>> Validator from CVS") but when I click on it I get an error.
>>> Could you provide a new URL to obtain this code?
>>
>> http://feedvalidator.org/docs/howto/install_and_run.html
>
> Just to make sure I get the responsibilities right here:
> Feedvalidator is developed by Sam Ruby, Mark Pilgrim, Joseph Walton, and
> Phil Ringnalda
> and is also hosted by the W3C. The SOAP 1.2 interface is only available
> for the validator,
> that is hosted by W3C and has nothing to do withy the developers of
> feedvalidator.org.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes.

> Can you tell me who is responsible for the SOAP 1.2 Interface of  the
> W3C Feed Validator?

I can't.  All I can tell you is that that code wasn't in the sourceforge
repository mentioned in your original email.  That was the code for the
feedvalidator which moved to google code in 2007:

http://intertwingly.net/blog/2007/04/12/Feed-Validator-Source-Moving

> I would like to use it and have a WSDL for it. I am currently trying to
> create one myself, that I would
> like to share with others. However I am not very experienced at this and
> could use some help.
>
> Please tell me whom to address.

Hopefully, somebody else on this list can help.

> with kind regards
>
> Tilman Bender
> Student of Software Engineering
> Heilbronn University