Re: [VE][108] "COLS" vs "cols"

Has statistical analysis ever been considered for the frequency of
errors produced by validation testing? Is this even a form of metrics
that could occur as the validator runs results in its present form?

By referencing the errors that take the longest to correct through
repeated retests, we might be able to come up with a short priority
list of the most commonly troublesome errors to expand upon in more
targeted documentation.

The line by line results of the errors could then include suggested
help links specific to the trouble that wouldn't require changes to
the validator itself.

The validation seems rarely in question, but request for more detailed
error explanations seems common and might benefit from very targeted,
extended checklists.

I realize neither of these suggestions is a simple or quick process -
just documenting for future consideration.