Re: Atom link problem - my feed URL's filter by parameters &<something>=<something>, my feeds drop dead when I plug in the url with these parameters

Hanson.Michael@epamail.epa.gov writes:
> When I mirror this URL in the atom tag I get an improperly formed token
> error and the feed does not render in IE.
> <atom:link
> href="http://yosemite.epa.gov/opa/admpress.nsf/RSSByLocation~Category?OpenView&RestrictToCategory=headquarters~"
>  rel="self" type="application/rss+xml" />

You can't use & in an XML document except to introduce an entity reference

> I can get IE to render the feedby substituting the &RestrictToCategory
> with &amp;RestrictToCategory.  This changes the error as the URL
> specified is no longer the same as the URL.

Yes it is, clients translate &amp; to & before following the link
(unless they're broken).  See <URL:http://www.des.no/amp.html>.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@des.no