Re: Getting error: Attribute "BORDER" is not a valid attribute. Did you mean "border"? for frameset

grrw wrote, On 11/14/2009 11:35 AM:
> I'm using frames.  I run the validator and keep getting this one error:
>       Attribute "BORDER" is not a valid attribute. Did you mean "border"?
>
> There is only one error and it points at this line even though I have
> two of these lines (should get two errors if anything):
>      <frameset rows="12%,*"  border = "0">
>
> With the above line, the code works great, but if I remove the border
> = "0", then the code breaks - I get borders where I don't want them:
>      <frameset rows="12%,*">      -- results are undesirable
When I read paragraph  16.2.1 The FRAMESET element in the  HTML 4.01
Specification I don't see that frameset has a border attribute. So the
validator is correct.  TABLEs have borders. IMGs and OBJECTs have
borders. FRAMESETs do not.

What you are seeing, I think, is your browser trying to make sense of
your invalid code. In this case the browser you are using generates a
result that you want. what about other browsers?

Lou