Re: No Doctype help

On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 16:39:22 +0100 (CET)
Came this utterance formulated by Andreas Prilop to my mailbox:

> On Thu, 5 Nov 2009, Michael Angley wrote:
>
> > The website is http://www.mjadesign.biz/
>
> | Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=cache:www.mjadesign.biz&strip=1
>
> You have bigger problems than a missing doctype.

But the OP is allowed to address them one at a time. And generally where
the validator is concerned i recommend top down error correction. You
have neither answered the question put, nor explained your side topic
raised, leaving the value of your reply as questionable.

Michael Angley: search dreamweaver help for "doctype". Versions i used
in the past allowed different doctypes to be selected. Generally highly
graphical programs such as dreamweaver do not produce valid output. The
doctype chosen depends on purpose (search "which doctype"). I would
recommend looking at the output in as many modern browsers as you can
to see if it is consistant.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416