Re: Help - 1 error that I can't get rid o!

On 3 Nov 2009, at 14:19, Phil Ainley wrote:
> I have managed to whittle the errors down to 1, but     I can't sort
> it, can
> anyone help at all please?

>   1.   Error  Line 67, Column 50: Attribute "background" exists, but
> can
> not be used for this element.

> background="images/shadowlt.gif">&nbsp;</td>

The root cause of this is that you are using tables for layout
(instead of CSS and elements with appropriate semantics[1]).

The how to fix information does tell you how to hack around the issue:

> check that they are both allowed
> in the chosen document type, and/or use CSS instead of this attribute

… but you really should scrap your existing layout code and redo it
using modern techniques. We're not in the 20th century any longer.

[1] Or, at least, without inappropriate semantics.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk