RE: Validator not much cop

Hi Phil,

All of the errors reported by the validator seem accurate to me.

You may now be getting more errors because some of the initial errors
prevented the validator from being able to find everything on the first go.

Some quick notes:

A) the first error is that you have a <style> tag instead of <style
type="text/css"> - this is an easy fix as you're just missing the required
'type' attribute

B) attributes like width, height and background can't be used on tables
(they should be applied via CSS instead)

C) you have a lot of text wrapped in br tags (for example: <br>Floor 2, 1
Livsey Street</br>) but this isn't valid as the br element isn't allowed to
contain content. Most of these instances seem to be addresses, which could
be marked up like the following instead:

    <address>
        Floor 2, 1 Livsey Street<br/>
        Some suburb<br/>
        ABC123 UK
    </address>

For more information about the address element, look at
http://reference.sitepoint.com/html/address/. You might also find the hCard
microformat interesting: http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard

Those three approaches will get you most of the way there, but you still
have some invalid tag nesting. (Something is missing the close tag, which is
likely to break your layout in strange ways.)

Thanks,

Tatham Oddie
blog: tath.am
au mob: +61 414 275 989, us cell: +1 213 422 7068, skype: tathamoddie,
landline: +61 2 8011 3982, fax: +61 2 9475 5172
current project: tixi.com.au – Ticketing without the dramas