Re: RSS and not ATOM validator?

Sean wrote:

> Sorry David,
>
> I used Atom in the body of the text as I understand it is not RSS I
> must have had caps on to produce ATOM.
>
> url = http://gba.mediamice.net/feed/
>

> It is RSS 2.0 compliant but everything is Atom RSSv2.

There is no such thing as "Atom RSSv2"

There are:

RSS 0.90
RSS 0.91
RSS 0.92
RSS 0.93
RSS 0.94
RSS 1.0
RSS 2.0
and Atom 1.0

It is possible to mix namespaces, but that way leads to confusion and
Atom should be able to handle all your needs by itself.

> <?php header('Content-type: application/xml; charset=windows-1252'); ?>
>
> <?php echo "<?";?>xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"<?php echo
> "?>";?>
>
> <rss version="2.0" xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">

So you have an rss element (with no namespace specified), and specify
the Atom namespace for the atom: prefix.

> <channel>
>
> <title>My Title.</title>
>
> <description>My Description </description>
>
> <link> My Link</link>
>
> <copyright> My © </copyright>
>
> <atom:link href="http://gba.mediamice.net/feed/" rel="self"
> type="application/xml" />

This line is the only other piece of Atom in the document

http://www.atomenabled.org/developers/syndication/atom-format-spec.php
has the Atom specification.