Re: cheklink: lazy process !

Hello Jean,

On 14-Jan-09, at 4:30 PM, jean martin wrote:
> Here is a strange behavior of checkling, that I reproduced under
> Firefox/IE... :
>
> http://validator.w3.org/checklink?uri=lipn.fr/seminaires
>
> is halting before ending the process, without any explanation :
>
> Checking link http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/TIA/
> HEAD http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/TIA/

Trying that URI with a browser, I got a timeout “server not
responding”.

I suspect that in the case of the older version of the link checker,
your browser would simply time out while waiting for the checker to
process that link. Trying with our soon-to-be-released development
instance of the link checker:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink?uri=lipn.fr/seminaires
seems to work better.

We will soon release the version 4.4 of the link checker, which should
resolve this issue.

olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C Open Source Software : http://www.w3.org/Status