Re: XHTML+RDFa validation

---- olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 1-Jan-09, at 10:45 PM, JFP wrote:
> > The validator is often not available for hours at a time -- for
> > instance today for the last four hours or so.
>
> Could you give more details? Our monitoring tool (and the fact I used
> the validators a few times today) tells me that the validator servers
> have been functional non-stop. Have you been experiencing issues only
> with checking documents against XHTML+RDFa ?
>
> Thank you.
> olivier
> --
> olivier Thereaux - W3C Open Source Software : http://www.w3.org/Status
>                        Do you ♥ Validators?
>    Donate or become a Sponsor: http://www.w3.org/QA/Tools/Donate

Thank you, Oliver. Yes I have only experienced problems validating XHTML+RDFa documents -- my own and also the XHTML+RDFa W3C Semantic Web Activity page - http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/ - which I check as a control. During the problem periods, which occur sparodically often several days apart, the validation attempts "sit on the clock" for a long while - eventually timing out. I often abandon validation attempts overnight -- the next morning normal validation is usually available.

JFP