Re: Local html validator returns an error after Software Update (OS X)

On Feb 13, 2009, at 9:55 PM, Philippe Wittenbergh wrote:
> Attempting to validate a file from my local install (validator 0.8.4)
>
> Software error:
>
> Encode object version 2.12 does not match bootstrap parameter 2.23 at
> /System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level/XSLoader.pm line
> 94.
> Compilation failed in require at
> /Library/WebServer/Documents/w3c-validator/htdocs/check line 51.

To install the validator, did you build and install custom Perl
modules in /System/Library/Perl? Possibly the SU has upgraded some of
the Encode-related modules, which are now clashing with the custom
modules.

You might try Validator-SAC (although it is still at 0.8.3). The
latest Software Update has not broken it (on un-modified 10.5.6).
Validator-SAC comes with all the necessary extra Perl modules in the
Application bundle -- no system files are ever modified. This
architecture tends to make it more stable. It can be easily setup as a
Web Service too (See "Advanced Topics").

http://habilis.net/validator-sac/
http://habilis.net/validator-sac/#advancedtopics

Cheers - Chuck