Re: Error validating <head> element

On 16 Aug 2009, at 21:36, Jim Haungs wrote:

> The following simple file, gives the error below when validating by
> direct input.  Clearly the <head> is properly terminated.

> Line 5, Column 7: end tag for "head" which is not finished

It said it found the end tag. So it is properly terminated. The error
is "not finished" not "end tag not found".

Copying and pasting your code into the direct input reveals that your
*exact* problem is described in the extended information under the
error:

"""
	For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child
element
"""

(Please direct follow-ups to www-validator and not directly to me.
Thanks)

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk