Re: attribute error: suggests case change although the suggested case is present

On Monday 10 August 2009, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> Michael Kauffmann wrote:

> > However, the message is confusing.
>
> It is. This has been said several times in this list, and maybe some day
> someone will fix this misguided and misguiding suggestion, if people keep
> complaining.

Could be.  Sending patches is usually a better way to accomplish that though,
and developers sure appreciate it much more if others who spend their time
responding to repeated bug reports/feedback constructively point reporters to
earlier discussions about the same issue instead of kind of encourage rubbing
the same acknowledged issue in developers' faces with repeated complaints.

This issue is was discussed on this list and partially fixed in the
development version of the validator in May, but that fix still had some
issues.  I've just committed another stab at fixing it; the results of that
can be tested at http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/ .  Testing and comments
welcome, bug reports preferably at http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/ , product
"Validator".