Re: pbm on installing w3c validator on debian/ubuntu

On Wednesday 29 April 2009, Remy Damour wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm desperately trying to get w3c-validator work on ubuntu.
> I don't use .deb version because repositories are out-of-date (they serve
> v. 7.5.4).

Even though the validator package itself might be outdated, its dependencies
could be up to date enough in .deb form and using them could save you some
manual installation and dependency hunting trouble.

>  BJOERN/SGML-Parser-OpenSP-0.994.tar.gz : make NO
>
> Please note that opensp package is installed on my computer:
> sudo apt-cache policy opensp
> opensp:
>   Installed: 1.5.2-6ubuntu1
>   Candidate: 1.5.2-6ubuntu1

In order to compile SGML-Parser-OpenSP, you'll need its development package
installed as well, I guess (not using Ubuntu/Debian myself) something like
libopensp-dev or opensp-dev.