Re: Problem with website?

Hi David:

It seems to be working now.  I did try to restart Firefox with no
improvement before I emailed you yesterday.  I guess that the fix
required that I reboot my laptop.

Thanks for the quick reply!  Sorry to bother you.

David Dorward wrote:
> Hal Levison wrote:
>> I am having a problem with the validator that started around 2PM MT
>> this afternoon.  If I use the "Validate by File Upload" facility to
>> look at a file, I get an error that says "No Character Encoding Found!
>> Falling back to UTF-8".  However, if I use the "Validate by URL", W3C
>> says that the file is OK.
>
> The encoding information is sent by your webserver ...
>
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 08:39:32 GMT
> Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Fedora)
> Last-Modified: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:24:56 GMT
> ETag: "12c00a6-79f-7fa33a00"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes
>
> ... but your browser isn't sending it.
>

> (Please direct responses to the validator mailing list and not directly
> to me)

Hal Levison
Space Studies Department          hal@boulder.swri.edu
Southwest Research Institute      (WWW) http://www.boulder.swri.edu
1050 Walnut St, Suite 300         1 (303) 546-0290
Boulder, CO  80302           Fax: 1 (303) 546-9687
USA

`Science is built up of facts, as a house is built of stones; but an
accumulation of facts is no more science than a heap of stones a
house.'
                - Jules-Henri Poincare