Re: XHTML Family Documents and Media Types

> At the risk of derailing an interesting discussion...
>
> The XHTML 2 Working Group decided AGES ago that text/html was a sensible
> way to deliver documents that follow certain rules.  We are updating the
> Note as we speak.  I am happy to re-contact you when that is done.
>
> olivier Thereaux wrote:
> > I trust coordination with the html5 group should help here.
> > Inconsistency between XHTML specs could have ill consequences, which I
> > am sure noone is wanting.

Very good point Olivier.

> No, but only the XHTML 2 Working Group is developing XHTML specs, so I
> don't really think there is a risk of inconsistency here.

That is most certainly not the case Shane.

Both the XHTML2 WG and the HTML WG are developing specifications that
use the XHTML namespace. If you browse to: http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
you'll see that this is clearly stated.

The HTML WG is developing the HTML5 specification which has both a
classic HTML (text/html) serialisation, and a XHTML
(application/xhtml+xml) serialisation.

--
Dean Edridge