Re: W3C QA information dissemination

Am 24.09.2008 um 10:55 schrieb Rob Handley:

> Hi,
>
> I just found out that one of my web sites, which had previously
> passed the W3C on-line tool checking for valid XHTML 1.0
> transitional, no longer validated ok, because the DOCTYPE
> declaration standard has changed from:

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
>
> to:
>
> What's the best way for me to keep up-to speed with such changes?
> Join a mailing list?

See http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#strict and http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/#a_dtd_XHTML-1.0-Transitional
  .

The URL for the XHTML 1.0 Transitional DTD you've previously used,
never has been correct or officially recommended. The URL for the
XHTML 1.0 Transitional DTD always has been (and still is) http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd
  .
Obviously a typo by you and not a change of the standard.

--
Sierk Bornemann
WWW:              http://sierkbornemann.de/