Re: idea for validator - "back to referring website"

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 17:11:35 -0700 (PDT)
Came this utterance fomulated by chris does plone to my mailbox:

> Michael Adams-8 wrote:
> >
> > Besides, the validator is for developers, not clueless surfers.
> >
> again http://validator.w3.org/docs/help.html#clickedandlost the first
> question of the FAQ is how did it get here? Users can and do arrive at
> the validator from a site and i simply suggest a statement with "where
> they are, why and <back", so that they can have a smooth surf.
>
> The web did not get achieve good usability by developers referring to
> users as "clueless surfers" ;-)

What i was saying is, if you dont put validator links and icons on your
site they wont get to the validator. They will have to explicitly search
for the validator. Thats what i meant when i say that the validator is
for dewvelopers.

The web doesn't achieve good anything by redirecting someone to a site
that has nothing to do with the one they just left. Why do you want to
tempt them in the first place? And if they dont know how to find a back
button they are clueless.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416