Re: issues with target= and special characters

Sean Hecking wrote:
> Validator is bringing up weird errors on my blog:
>
> /Line 379, Column 1744/: there is no attribute "target".
>
> http://blog.interactivecleveland.com
>
> Is this due to in-line javascript that Blogger generates?

No.

Your raw HTML markup includes the "target" attribute, which is allowed
in some (X)HTML document types but disallowed in the XHTML 1.0 Strict
document type.

> How do I format blogger HTML correctly if this is the case?

Configure your software not to output "target" attributes or declare a
document type where "target" attributes are allowed.

Note this list is for validator-specific questions, not general
authoring questions.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis