Re: Errors, warnings and website rank

Lee Johnson wrote:
> I am writing in regards to the correlation or lack thereof, concerning

...[snip]...

>My question is why
> should I bother to use your validator at all?

Lee,

In addition to David's remarks, I use the W3C validator for one main
reason.  The more *syntax-related* errors I can identify and remove
(although this can be difficult in "pre-programmed" Web Content
Management Systems), the more I can concentrate on
*semantically-related* content and meta-content, including the complex
(and evolving) technical details of web accessibility.  While HTML
validation doesn't have the force of law behind it, accessibility does.

SEO is really a topic for a different forum (and one, IMHO, where
locating dispassionate and rigorous research is non-trivial.)

Wayne Smith, Ph.D.
Department of Management
CSU Northridge