Re: 29 errors remaining, and at a bit of a holding pattern

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 18:42:23 -0700
Scott Haneda wrote:

> Here is where I stand at this point:
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fosxhelp.com%2Fcustomizing-the-finder-sidebar-in-os-x%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&ss=1&group=1
>
> Specific issues:
> The & and & issue in hrefs, I can deal with this with code and
> links I put in, some of our links are from Amazon, and you just copy
> and paste them out of a form.  Sure, I can find and replace on the
> ambersand every time, but it is troublesome.
>
> Off topic, anyone know if there is a php option I can turn on that
> when sending out the page, it will find the ampersand and deal with
> it?

compare htmlentities() and htmlspecialchars()
http://nz.php.net/manual/en/function.htmlentities.php
http://nz.php.net/manual/en/function.htmlspecialchars.php

These addresses are from our local mirror. You will have a mirror closer.

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

 - Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416