Re: label for association

alun wrote:

> This error/warning is not caught.

Which error divided by which warning.

> The /for/ associated /id/ is incorrectly placed in the *label* or
> *other element* and not in a control.

It is an error, but it is not a reportable markup error, so any software
that purports to be a markup validator and reports it as an error is in
error.

> None of the validators catch this, although it will be corrected in
> the next release of Total Validator.

Sounds like snake oil. There is a lot of advertisement of "better than
validator" validators that aren't no validators.

If you mean http://www.totalvalidator.com then I think you should have
indicated your real name and your affiliation or non-affiliation with
it.

I stopped holding my breath when that "Total Validator" refused to do
Parsing Errors
E000 - 1 instance(s): Due to the online service being subjected to DoS
attacks in the past we've had to limit pages to no more than 15000 tags.
This restriction does not apply to the desktop tools

That's a blatant lie. It is no parsing error, and it is not a reportable
markup error in the document. It is just an arbitrary restriction in the
software that is advertized as a validator.

Besides, it is not a markup validator. It recognizes just a collection
of HTML document types. It even babbles about

 The <!DOCTYPE> tag

which should be sufficient as a cluelessness indicator. So were you just
dishonestly advertizing your own phoney "validator"?

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/