Re: Why multiple validators

Le 31 juil. 2008 à 06:42, Rick Merrill a écrit :
> Why must there be separate validators for HTML and CSS?

history. The CSS Validator and the Markup validators have not been
developed historically by the same people. Olivier has made the glue
to give them a more common UI.

The CSS Validator is coded in Java.
The Markup Validator is coded in Perl.

> I wouldn't mind if one failed the other is cancelled or something
> like that.

I think, nobody would mind. The question is more *who* will do the
*work*. You are welcome to contribute with patches, and actual code.

PS: html5 validator developed by Henri Sivonen is  java.

--
Karl Dubost - W3C
http://www.w3.org/QA/