Re: document type does not allow element "style" here

David Dorward wrote:

> Having nothing more then the CDATA markers is enough, as is
> using &gt; and friends instead of < and co...

> ... unless you are serving as text/html (making using XHTML
> in the first place

| HTTP/1.1 200 OK
| Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 00:06:51 GMT
[...]
| <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
|  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

That is XHTML 1.0 transitional text/html for the discussed URL
(from my POV, using a HTTP/1.0 GET with a homebrewn user agent).

Skipping the anti-XHTML FUD - I didn't say that Javascript is a
good idea, that inline <script> elements are a good idea, that
an attempt to create inline <style> elements with Javascript
dynamically is a good idea, and actually I think this is all
HORRIBLY BAD, but it is still possible to get the syntax right.

 Frank