Re: Is checklink missing?

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Zembower, Kevin wrote:
> Olivier, I got this message trying to follow your suggestion:
> -bash-3.00# perl -MCPAN -e'install W3C::LinkChecker'
> CPAN: Storable loaded ok
> Going to read /root/.cpan/Metadata
>   Database was generated on Thu, 07 Feb 2008 18:31:01 GMT
> Running install for module W3C::LinkChecker
>
>   The module W3C::LinkChecker isn't available on CPAN.
>
>   Either the module has not yet been uploaded to CPAN, or it is
>   temporary unavailable. Please contact the author to find out
>   more about the status. Try 'i W3C::LinkChecker'.
> -bash-3.00#
>
> Let me know if there's anything you'd like me to test and report on.

This is a known issue, we've been having some problems convincing the CPAN
indexer about W3C::LinkChecker's availability.

This will hopefully be fixed in the upcoming link checker release; until then,
you can get the tarball at http://search.cpan.org/dist/W3C-LinkChecker/ and
install it the usual manual way (extract it, then perl Makefile.PL, make
check, and make install (the last one as root)).