Re: Question about W3C XHTML standard and accesebility

Hello Ivan,

On 19-Dec-08, at 2:59 AM, Ivan Blagoveschenskiy wrote:
> I will try to explain problem on this fragment of text:
> "...is making ARS-network more stable...".
>
> Look on the XHTML code:
> "...is making <nobr>ARS-network</nobr> more stable...".
>
> It is not valid in XHTML, but it's working in popular browsers.

<nobr> has never been added to any standard version of HTML indeed. It
enjoys some support in browsers but never was standardized.

The standard alternative is to use CSS to control white-space
behavior, something like

in your CSS:
span.nobreak {white-space: nowrap;}

in your HTML:
is making <span class="nobreak">ARS-network</span> more stable

Hope this helps,
--
olivier