Re: does the validator validate .svgz files?

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008, Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:
> Oliver it does validate some files:
> http://www.peepo.org.uk/temp/vxhtml11.svgz
>
> however for this very file, I paste code into file, save as svg, gzip,
> rename from .svg.gz to svgz
>
> then it works for Opera, Batik and Amaya but not the W3C validator,
> Mozilla or Safari.

When I request this resource with libwww, I get the content uncompressed
- I suppose apache does the job of uncompressing if the UA does not
  express capability to handle compressed content.

Not so for content in http://www.peepo.org.uk/icon-ark/

I don't really have time to look at this in depth, but I hope the above
can help.

--
olivier