RE: markup validator windows install problems

Thanks for that Oliver
Yes I did install the OpenSP parser.

I have emailed Ville directly - it was indeed my misunderstanding
Or perhaps an unclear question in the first place.

I am still concerned that it might be a folder that does not have
appropriate permissions - but cannot clarify which.

Yesterday I tried as follows.
Go to DOS Prompt, in Perl/bin folder (it is in the path I checked)
And run 'check.dl' from the command line
D:\perl\bin >perl d:\wwwroot\validator\httpd\cgi-bin\check.pl

This streamed html code to the CMD window- the error did not occur.
Hmm!!!

I also tried modifying OpenSP. As follows
print "Loading XSLoader::load for $module ($file)<br>\n";

    my $libref = dl_load_file($file, 0) or do {
        require Carp;
        Carp::croak("Can't load '$file' for module $module: " . dl_err
+or());
    };
   print "Loaded XSLoader::load for $module ($file)<br>\n";

All the 'use' commands in 'ceheck.pl' prior to use SGML::Parser::OpenSP show
both the 'Loading' and 'Loaded' messages from the print statements. However
when this 'use' statement is processed the 'Loading' message is displayed
but not the 'Loaded' message - instead the error is generated
Allan Smith
Webmanager

Support Telford Steam Railway for free when shopping online with over 400
brand-name retailers including:-
 Amazon, NEXT, M&S, John Lewis, Debenhams, HMV, The Body Shop, Vodafone,
DELL, Woolworths, PLAY.com, Interflora and Comet amongst many others...
TSR Easyfundraisning