Re: IMG missing right bracket should not validate

On Sep 21, 2007, at 23:59 , David Dorward wrote:
> Possibly the validator should issue a warning when it encounters
> this, since it is one of the features of HTML 4 mentioned as having
> limited support that authors should avoid using: http://www.w3.org/
> TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#h-B.3.7

Ironically perhaps, I recall this was what Terje attempted to
implement with "fussy parsing", which was slammed by users on this
very mailing list. I think with time, people have become a little
less rigid with the understanding of "validity", and now somehow
accept additional tests, especially when they are so detrimental to
interoperability.

I can look into switching on warnings for shorttags again.

--
olivier