Re: Validator has become case-sensitive to the MEAT tag param CHARSET

On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:46:32 +0100, Andreas Prilop
<Prilop2007@trashmail.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Rui del-Negro wrote:
>
>> Having said that, I believe section 3.7 of RFC2616 states that
>> "parameter
>> attribute names are case-insensitive". And, according to that same
>> section
>> of that same RFC, that's exactly what "charset" is, in that context: the
>> name of a parameter attribute.
>>
>> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
> Yes - RFC 2616 deals only with the "real thing" but not with
> the charset parameter (if it is not to be the default value of
> ISO-8859-1 for text/*.

In that case, Andreas, where are the case-sensitivity rules for this
attribute name defined? All the rules for the other elements seem to be
the same as for the "real deal" HTTP header. Why should the string
"charset=" be treated differently depending on whether it comes in the
HHTP header or through an http-equiv?

That is the original (Rick's) question, and you haven't really addressed
it.

RMN
~~~